1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

8 GSR Heater controls, upgrade???

Discussion in 'Evo Chat' started by Evo8Frankie, Oct 23, 2012.

Advert:
  1. Evo8Frankie

Evo8Frankie Well-Known Member

found myself looking before on Google looking at the 8 heater controls
    and as iv got the GSR with the controls under the Radio they look abit oldish compared to the newer looking controls in the higher spec MR FQ :) model so my question is can i swap them over using the existing plugs on the back??

I realize ill have to swap the fascias over,and move the newer controls to the bottom were iv got my boost controller:)

Attached Files:

2. B6lee

B6lee Community Leader

ask And@fcm on here. ime sure he has done it :)

Evo8Frankie likes this.
  3. Evo8Frankie

cheers mate ill get onto him

4. SavageEvo

SavageEvo New Member

I think i asked the same question and if i remember rightly And@fmc has done it

I think its quite complicated tho but worth a try :)

Ley me know how u get on mate

5. Evo8Frankie

Yeah iv pm'd him mate just waiting for him to get back to me, how would it be complicated surly id just have to swap over the controls and everything will fit in the back.
    but yeah will let you know matey:)

6. SavageEvo

SavageEvo New Member

If i remember rightly im sure he said you need ro cut bits on the brackets and also fill some gaps with fibre glass.

I may be wrong lol iv asked loads of bits on here so might be wrong lol but defo rings a bell :)

7. Evo8Frankie

ahh right i see, yeah well ill let you know what had to be done when i find out.:)

8. And@fcm

And@fcm Trader
    Trader

Hi All, the quick answer is yes it is doable but you can't use the module you've shown for a few reasons, but the main one is, that it's electrical with small motors where they need to be and the 260 and cable operated.

So the thing you have to do is to move the manual controls to the lower position, to end up with something like this
    [​IMG]

its not a hard process basically you need to get yourself a double din facia for the top part and then use a combination of your original one and the lower part to make a single piece. To do this you'll have to remove the large white cable carrier from the top and move to the bottom (remove the cable and re-feed lower) you'll also have to notch this white bit also to make it fit. What I did then was to use the mounting points and fix this in position. Once its in place then you can cut the original bit to put back on the face part of the dials and the lower shelf piece to make the area around. (I have a photo of this but on my home PC so can post up later)

hope that makes sense, it might help if you pull the facia out then you'll see most of what I'm talking about

Andy

Evo8Frankie likes this.
  9. Evo8Frankie

ahhh right i see, that set up looks great, i just want a double din facia like you have there and them heater controls look good there aswel.when i get my car back from that garage ill be having a go at this cheers matey.

10. And@fcm

And@fcm Trader
    Trader

no probs will try and find the "during build" pictures too to try and give a bit more detail

Andy

SavageEvo and Evo8Frankie like this.
  11. fq-craigus

fq-craigus Well-Known Member

I wanted to put mine up where you have them as I have mine at the bottom at the mo, I want my gauges down the bottom

12. Evo8Frankie

haha mad isn't it we both have what each other wants :razz: my gauges will be on my dash in the triple pod holder .

13. fq-craigus

fq-craigus Well-Known Member

Yh lol, that's how mine are at the mo in the triple plate under the stereo