1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

Advice needed please chaps

Discussion in 'Evo Chat' started by fazzhead24, Apr 11, 2017.

Advert:
  1. fazzhead24

fazzhead24 Member

ay up, im not really sure where to start tbh, got a few problems and queries...

ive owned my car getting on for 9years +, she had been really well maintained, but driven fairly hard... rightly or wrongly i always kept it dealer servied. but basically 6 years ago, i waxed oiled her all down, sheeted her and put her away, randomly giving her a run to keep some oil around the block...

anyway thought this year i would sell her, but since getting her MOTd last week ive changed my mind, she is still mint and id forgotten what a buzz she is to drive...

been looking through all the service history and at 34000 miles she just had a small service, at 30,000 miles she had a full 45,000 mile service, including cam belt, balance belt, every oil changed, plugs the works... she has only done 80 miles since it was serviced but that was years ago, due to my local mitsubishi dealer not been able to have her in for a whole month ive ordered the oil, filter etc to get the oil dropped emediatly...

she is booked in for may to have the cambelt and balencer belt changed, (£245) all gearbox, transfer and diff oils changed,(£150) and the ayc oil replaced (£100)... i know shes only done 4000 miles since last done but its been a long while in time.... all prices include vat and labour... does this seem reasonable?

please say if you think there is anything else that i ought to get done...

ive had plugs out and they appear brand new....

the laquer on my calipers is just starting to lift in a place or two, so there along with my wheels going for reconditioning next week, so will replace the brake fluid myself....

any recommendation on brake fluid to purchase and quantity?

with 32,000 miles on the clock i put tein coilovers on her with a dampner controller in the car, been on the phone to them and there going to get back to me with some prices to replace bushes etc,... but im struggling to find a good place to buy new suspension arms, track rod ends etc, can anybody recommend a place to buy from?

just got two more problems, one she should have failed her mot with a main headlight been out.... spoke to mitsubishi dealer and they want £200 for a bulb or £700 for the ignighter bit, seems dam steep to me... and im not sure which of the two parts has broke.... had a look and it looks a c**t to even check.... any advice wherelseto get the bits from, and how to work out which is broke?

very last thing, both my cobra phobs are working, but my key buttons didnt seem to be so ive changed the battery and it still does nothing,... does it need to be coded or a sequence in the ignition to work again?

thanks, any advice will help...

2. Omjan

Omjan New Member

For a main dealer service on the oils etc those prices seem about right... surprised the ayc is costing as much as that?!? but it's not a job I've ever had done. with regards to your key button... if the car has had an aftermarket alarm fitted, the standard remote locking will be inactive . nothing to do with it not working but the transmitter is no longer "talking" to the alarm. HTH buddy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. fazzhead24

fazzhead24 Member

thankyou for reply chap, beginning to think this forum wasnt used anymore.... as regards to the key, the car is uk sold from main dealer, reading the owners manual, a cobra alarm system was fitted in the uk but sold along with the cars as new... she does lock and unlock on the cobra phob, but when the key was working properly it used to shut the windows and fold the mirrors in which i would like working again if possible

4. Omjan

Omjan New Member

hmmmm.... that is strange! I'll ask one of the sparks in work... could be that the transponder has gone a bit dodgy... stupid question... but do you have a spare to try???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. fazzhead24

fazzhead24 Member

just so you know, the car and key hadnt been used for 5 years..... the batteries had gone dead in the key and in the cobra phobs... replaced the batteries in 2 fobs and the one key,... i followed instruction i found on youtube for the fobs and there both working fine... i do have 2 keys, but only one has buttons, since replacing the battery ive had no joy... been having a guess really, holding buttons down and trying it while in ignition...
    would appreciate you asking your sparks chap at work...

6. B6lee

B6lee Community Leader

Following

7. fazzhead24

fazzhead24 Member

managed to get a pair of genuine osram bulbs for £80.....
    have had to gamble with a comany called HIDS DIRECT for my light ballast £90

my local mitsubishi wanted rediculous money for a ballast.... rang around a few mitsubishi dealers for prices and came accross Holdcroft Mitsubishi, there parts guy is brilliant and has all the time in the world for you.... he would have done the ballast for £405, which is nearly half price... only problem was a 90 day eta!! but ive got loads of little bits and pieces of him like brake caliper carrier bolts, brake sheilds etc very cheap...