DDS789's Evo V

DDS789

DDS789

An update :D

Hi all had a busy weekend with the car.

Made the decision to go for bucket seats after the last track day at blyton. Just felt myself sliding out of the standard 5 seats on the high speed corners and not enough to lean into in general.

So with this I started some research, oh boy..... Can of worms comes to mind :(

Searched all over and resulted in me picking a subframe that looked like it would work. Stated on the site that the pic was different but I thought I'd give it a shot. Autostyle was the name.

Well these arrived

Sparco subframes :cry: I knew from here I was going to be in trouble after everything I've read of seats ending up miles higher than the recaros etc etc

These sparcos were insanely high and forward couldn't believe it :shock:

So a quick phone call and these are off back to the company for refund! If anyone reads this and considers these mounts DONT DO IT the quality of them was shocking!

I must say though this is entirely on the sparco not the company that supplied them to me.

This left me itching to fit them. I decided to take the rails off my old recaros and see how I went on.

To my surprise they fitted easily! So I got on with the installation. I wrapped the seats mounts with some edge trimmer to stop me scratching the seats, looks really good :)

Wasn't too long until the seats were in :D

Seats in

Great seats MIRCO RS2 seats very light, I reckon all in I've saved 10kgs each side!

I had to mod the omp brackets to lower the seats further and they are Ok now I would say the same height as the recaros. I'm going to get some weld in subframes so I can have the seats lower in the future.

Fitted a Ralliart gear knob too, always liked the look of these whenever I've seen them

So the interior is looking like this

Fitted this after seeing a R33 GTR go up in flames on the motorway near me. Got some Velcro straps coming so its secure and still easy to get to.

And made the purchase of this Go Pro Hero 3 Motorsport edition, can't wait to get it used and some footage of trackdays :awesome:

That's about it for now. Got a cold air feed to install and hopefully get my hands on a intake pipe to get the air filter behind the head light. Ooo and a dash dodger roll cage I got off eBay for a steal! (That may wait until winter though)

Thanks for looking

DDS789

DDS789

how did you manage to paint that? Dose it last?
on the tire I mean :D

Tyre pens. Got them off eBay.

Just write the paint into where you need, couple of coats and jobs a good un.

The white went a little dull after a trackday. Cleaned it up and did them again was really easy

DDS789

DDS789

Tell me about it mate,think mine is almost done then I see something for sale....

I think I'm doing the "cheap stuff" at the mo.

Some of the list is

Stronger engine
RS diff
Ohleins
Carbotech pads
Etc etc

Kinda hoping I don't need to do any of those for quite a while

DDS789

DDS789

Cheap stuff ,looking pretty professional if I say!!!

Ha when I say "cheap stuff" it's not cheap just cheaper than the stuff on the list :whistling:

Still spent a small fortune on the thing! Just like doing it all myself too, well what I can.

Last edited:
DDS789

DDS789

Update :D

Well the troubles of fitting the seats continued! The company that supplied the subframes have basically told me they won't refund me as I took the subframes out the packets :mad:

I'm yet to get a reply to my question of "how was I supposed to find out how crap the paint was on the subframes without opening the bags"

Sparco say the frames have always been this way and they've never had complaints....

They were scratched and rust all over the welds. Yet alone I couldn't actually put my seat onto them without removing the roof!

!!!DO NOT BUY SPARCO SUBFRAMES!!!

And don't fall for the AUTOSTYLE SUBFRAMES sold by one "certain company" they are just sparco subframes with crap sliders. Nothing like what they make out.

I should really go to trading standards or something.

Well rant over! :razz:

I've got on with making my own subframes :D

Measured my adapted standard runners from the recaros and it shows the bottom of the seat at about 14cm off the car floor. This seating position is a little high, maybe slightly higher than the standard seats.

I got hold of some 30x30x3mm box tubing and some 3mm flat steal for brackets.

Cut a couple lengths and started with the cutting and bending!

After a few hours (broke my cutting disc a while ago so hacksaw used :razz:) I'd managed this

Sits much lower can see the difference here after I managed to bodge it together with tie wraps for a demo seat height trial :awesome:

Tried to get level with the seats

The seat will sit around 8-9cm so managed a possible 2inches difference which I'm well happy with.

Just got to weld it up now and then make a drivers side. Drivers side is different because the transmission tunnel is a different shape, but should be fine still.

Also going to "H" the box tubing for strength and satin black them. Reckon they will be pretty good subframes when I'm done :)

S

squeakyclean32

Ahh...it's good to see the beast getting so much TLC :D....looks great :D....keep the updates comming :cool:

DDS789

DDS789

Ahh...it's good to see the beast getting so much TLC :D....looks great :D....keep the updates comming :cool:

Ha thanks.

It's changed some since you both owning it ;)

Just hardly driving it since all the trouble with the seats, can't believe the company with these seats..... Took my money fast enough... Suppose they're all like that though lol.

S

squeakyclean32

Ha thanks.

It's changed some since you both owning it ;)

Just hardly driving it since all the trouble with the seats, can't believe the company with these seats..... Took my money fast enough... Suppose they're all like that though lol.

Yes, sorry to see the trouble you have had with the seats...there are some companies like that around...you'd think they would want it to be right though to get more business...
It might have changed but it's great to see it being looked after :D