disconnecting the Apexi Boost Controller

invisible

invisible

Just a bit of a noob question.

You've probably worked out by now that my EVO is staying in the gargae over the winter and I plan to have a go at some of the jobs myself.

I think its about time I got to learn a few more thinks!

If I disconnect the boost controller and then relocate to the glovebox is this likely to affect the map currently on the car?

Similarly if I disconnet the battery for a lengthy period?

On my old car if the battery was disconnected for a long period of time the ECU would reset map to standard

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

The map will be fine if you disconnect the battery. As for the controller it won't affect your map only the settings on the controller so you will have to set up the same good luck if you have avcr as I hear they are a nightmare

invisible

invisible

The map will be fine if you disconnect the battery. As for the controller it won't affect your map only the settings on the controller so you will have to set up the same good luck if you have avcr as I hear they are a nightmare

Thats the one I have! :(

Steve220

Steve220

My battery has been removed for weeks before and the settings in the AVC-R stay

invisible

invisible

hi buddy

if it was me i would scroll thro all the setting on the avcr and write them down just in case :O)

apexi support / manuals

Product Support Manuals

Thanks.

I think this is the same manual I couldn't understand when I first purchased the car. lol

I guess for me not an immediate issue as likely to need a new map anyway but didnt want it running like a dog. So if the AVR loses some setting but the map stays the same I can live with that.

sponners

sponners

the settings on the avcr will remain unchanged, write them all down though for piece of mind.

ecu map will remain unchanged also (its just the fuel trims that reset when the battery is disconnected)