Evo 4 clutch problem

L

Liam225

Hi I've just bought an Evo 4 for much cheapness it needs a bit of tlc.
One of the problems is that the clutch pedals on the floor and you can not select a gear, my friend said that it could be the clutch fork, just wondered if anyone had any ideas or could tell me how to fix the clutch fork problem? Thanks very much Liam.

R

raph

Clutch fork is massive,im sure it isnt broken

what you could do is locate the slave cylinder on the gearbox( right up near the radiator) and have a look at it..it has a rubber boot on it,squeeze that to see if its leaking(if it is,replace and bleed the clutch)

if that bits fine.. reach up under your dash..in the footwell,follow the clutch pedal and look if anything is leaking(master cylinder is leaking)..that rarely goes too .

now.. jack the car up securely and put on some saftey goggles, get a torch,car on jackstands etc

look at the gearbox..you will see a rubber grommet the size of a 2 pound coin.

remove it and use the torch to look up in there(goggles!!!!).. it prolly will look a propper mess .. in that case,you need a new clutch.

as a matter of fact,i just swapped my clutch and have a near new flywheel and a new throw out bearing t go with it if need it.

if you havent done a clutch before..this isnt a job for novices.. even if you/your mates have.. its a harder clutch job compared to some other cars .

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Yh release bearing is awkward to pop out and it has to be done before box is undone for removal.

R

raph

Yh release bearing is awkward to pop out and it has to be done before box is undone for removal.

yep,best do that part first,before removing anything else lol

youll have to do it the hard way tho,since your clutch pedal seems to be in op.

push the fork towards the right,at the same time get a long sturdy flatblade screwdriver to go between the release/throwout bearing and twist the screwdriver to pry the TOB off the collar at the same time..

it will pop off suddenly so dont get scared lol

there are vids on youtube showing you how to do it.

best look whats broken first and then post back here

L

Liam225

Cheers for the help i'll have a good look when I'm next off work.

L

Liam225

hi, finially managed to get the time to look at the clutch problem, the clutch fork as become uncliped/broken a spring something thats a !*!*!** pain, this means gearbox out unless theres a simple fix? doubt it tho,