Evo 8: Dump valve placement query (intake pipe or boost pipe)

Jamiegoorwitch

Jamiegoorwitch

Hi,

As I'm very new to owning my EVO 8 I really want to make sure I am going down the right route of getting reliability and performance.

At present my dump valve is sat on my HKS hard intake pipe before the cone filter (just replicating the OEM setup in which the black plastic valve was sat). However I wanted to make sure this is correct as alot of EVO 8's appear to have the dump valve bolted on the boost pipe and not the intake pipe?

Anyone with any feedback/suggestions or general help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to owning this and want the best set-up for this long project I can! :)

Thanks
Jamie

Andy6

Andy6

Needs to be on the boost pipe as it Dumps the pressure when you lift off to prevent compressor surge, fitting it on the intake wont do anything. Is it definitly a dump valve not a re-circ valve?

Jamiegoorwitch

Jamiegoorwitch

Hi Andy?

Thanks for replying mate really appriciate your help. I apologise mine it transpires is a twin trumpet recirculating valve..its on the air intake pipe but appears to run fine etc on the car? I have tried researching but 50% of evo's appear a similar setup to mine and others on the boost pipe? Thanks Andy.

Andy6

Andy6

If it's a recirc valve it should connect the boost (post turbo) pipe to the inlet pipe (pre Turbo). Can you post a picture?