1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

evo 8 turnes over but will not fire up

Discussion in 'Tech Questions & How To Guides' started by redevokev, May 21, 2012.

Advert:
  1. redevokev

redevokev New Member

hi, having a few issues with my evo, on ignition all the lights come up on the dash and turnes over but the pump doesnt seem to prime??? iv checked the fuses and there fine, theres power in the fuse box where the fuel pump fuse is, iv had the pump out the tank and connected it to a battery and it works fine, theres no power in the plug that connects to the fuel sender unit, any ideas on what else to check? and could the imobalizer have anything to do with this? as sunday i was out all day and it was fine then this morning when i was going to work it wouldnt start :cry: any help or recomendations on this would be much apreshiated, thanks.

2. Steve220

Steve220 New Member

What alarm have you got on it?

3. trackday

trackday New Member

I would be looking at the alarm/ immobliser mate

4. evo arm's m7960

evo arm's m7960 Well-Known Member

5. redevokev

redevokev New Member

hi,mate its a cobra alarm imobilizer

6. chrishfq300

chrishfq300 New Member

Remove the kick panel on the left hand side of the passenger footwell and check the blocks of multiplugs that connect the loom. It's common to get an ingress of water from the NSF wheel down the wiring harness, water just sits in the bottom of the plugs and rots the wiring.