1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

Evo IV, SRS light

Discussion in 'Evo Chat' started by Cossielad, Mar 9, 2009.

Advert:
  1. Cossielad

Cossielad New Member

Seen a nice looking blue Evo IV on fleebay and sounds alright but the guy says the SRS light is on. Is this a known problem with these cars and maybe something to steer clear of or is it no problem? Its a fresh import.

cheeRS

2. Nick

Nick Superstar Admin
    Staff Member

Slightly comon but not as a fault. It happens when the steering wheel is changed or the pretensioner is fired (accident). Other than that there can be other faults but there are no comon 'nothing to worry about' faults im aware of....

3. Alan-G

Alan-G New Member

Mine came on for no reason on my Evo 8.

Couldn't care less really as I was brought up in the days when wearing a seatbelt was optional.

Only problem is MOT time. But a bit of black insulating tape covering the warning light and hey presto ! :D

4. EVOIV MJC

EVOIV MJC Well-Known Member

My srs light came in in my 4 when i changed to 5 interior, i thought it might of been something to do with the box under the seat when i was taking out the seat belt, as said before to do with the pretensioner??????? im sure you can go and have it fault coded etc or turned out, but this isnt to say it will not come on again

5. dode1

dode1 New Member

poss a clock spring which is under the steering wheel (indicater/wiper arms are attached to it connects to the airbag system ) but not done one for a long time so just a thought!!!!
    Also if the drivers seat is adjusted for different drivers this can cause the wires under the seat to wear.

regards