1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

EVO x brake shudder

Discussion in 'Evo Chat' started by steeler, Aug 24, 2013.

Advert:
  1. supamario666

supamario666 Trader
    Trader

MMMMMMMM I know somebody who is good at doing that!!! LOL!!!! EPIC!!!:)

2. mart1983

mart1983 Well-Known Member

Is this the person that has now got different coloured wheels?

3. tim@gingertim.com

Help, I've noticed I've got this problem... Seems to come and go only had the car 3 weeks, I've spoken to my dealer who have told me to bring it back... However its a two mile round trip.

I then noticed it had gone and forgot about, give the car a good run this weekend and noticed it only happens over 80 mph. Obviously don't go that fast on road so that's possible why i thought it had fixed its self. I think i will take it backup and let them look at it on the ramp.

Weird only happens over speed limit,literally rattles the whole dash and steering wheel.

4. tim@gingertim.com

I meant 200 mile round trip lol

5. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Active Member

I had the same shudder when I bought mine & the dealer did naff all ,put some good pads in & sorted now

6. Aidy

Aidy Active Member

Hopefully the dealer will replace the discs and pads but it's more likely they'll just skim the discs maybe. The thing about evos and performance brakes in general is that you do have to use the brakes otherwise you'll get pad deposits build up which is almost always the cause of judder. Not saying you have to drive everywhere like Loeb, but if all you ever do is gentle breaking then the judderman will be visiting eventually.

here comes the science

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TUOPeNJCK8]Metz - "Judderman" - YouTube[/ame]

7. tim@gingertim.com

Thanks for that, i will give it a go this week, I'm going back to Leicester on Saturday to see the dealer I've got the following issues and i will be a happy camper:

1: No Flat tyre kit
    2: 2008 sat nav wtf
    3: judder at high speed

What a great car make me smile so much when i drive and even look at it... Absolutely awesome.
    I do kind of feel the evo is beyond epic, but don't think i need to sort brake judder after speeding 20k on car in good faith and they need to sort it out.

If i need to upgrade them i will :) as it will stress me.

What would be best?

8. Aidy

Aidy Active Member

The dealer will need to do something about the judder but you might not have much luck with the other two. They sell an upgrade for the satnav (mine is way old too, but it's a pretty rubbish satnav anyway...I use it to get me close then use google maps on my phone to actually get there :) ), but they are under no legal obligation to give it to you for free (they might though, but they don't have to). Same with the flat tyre kit. Legally you bought the car you inspected so you can't complain after the fact that things are missing, but again they might give you one anyway, but they don't have to.

9. tim@gingertim.com

Funny story when i brought the car. Lol.

I was meant to be there at 4 pm and i got there at 5.20 and they closed at 5.30 pm. Ouch and i part ex my mondingo st tdci :) my car was full of computers etc. And he kept saying your not going to get that lot in the car.

But cheer i want to thrash this hope lol. You would have been proud of my packing.

3 pcs
    3 monitors
    2 Laptops
    4 Random boxes
    1 recaro car seat
    Funny.

10. tim@gingertim.com

I'm sure they will sort me out under the circumstances as it was late and rushed.
    I use copilot on my phone anyway, but i am stressing about brakes and tyre kit.

11. Aidy

Aidy Active Member

When I was picking mine up, someone opened their door onto it as it was waiting on the forecourt. They promised they'd get it sorted but never did. It came with no locking wheel nut either (something else for you to check you have), and the tracker wasn't working. I phoned Mitsi customer service about the tracker and they insisted it was nothing to do with them, I told them it was, it was fitted by Mitsubishi, they said I have to talk to the tracker manufacturer, I told them I didn't, it was their responsibility, they told me it wasn't. You can quote the law to these people until you're blue in the face, but if they are either ignorant of the law, or worse still deliberately lying to you then what can you do? They know you're not going to bother going through the courts and they rely on this. I call up the tracker company; "That device was fitted by Mitsubishi, you need to get them to sort it". Wow....what a surprise.

I fixed the door myself, I bought a locking wheel nut (that was probably my responsibility really, I wasn't too bothered about that) and had the tracker fixed at my own expense too. I really should have pursued them through small claims just to make the point but I didn't, I did what they know you'll do. Nothing. Dealers are just lying scumbags :rolleyes:

12. tim@gingertim.com

Thanks for the heads up mister, they did say i had to call tracker and pay to register it again blar.

I will try and call them today as i don't want to lose the beast

13. tim@gingertim.com

Phone Mitsubishi Leicester today, all booked in for Saturday :) for brakes, might struggle as it only happens over speed limit.

14. tim@gingertim.com

My disks are warped and they are changing them foc result and I beat an m5 this morning lol, and I've got a 150 mile drive home :)

15. tim@gingertim.com

Mine all sorted now, turns out disc's where warped, they reckon coz its an auto you must put in park or hand brake at traffic lights so it does cool one part of disc.

I was told to do a brake procedure on way home which I've done and they feel great.

16. Aidy

Aidy Active Member

You're supposed to have the handbrake on at lights, how is that any different to a manual? :) If you don't want it on the brakes then put it in neutral. Just dealers talking crap as usual.

17. Nailedon

Nailedon New Member

Hi, same problem here. Evo X, new Brembo discs and pads for the front. All ok for a while then massive judder. The dealer remembered that they need the coating removed after 500 miles. This looked to have sorted it but once I used the brakes on a track day, the judder returned. Only happens when hot. I tried warming them up gradually and running cool for a while after hot laps. Maybe helped a little but no question, once hot they judder.
    Any suggestions please?

18. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Active Member

What pads are fitted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Nailedon

Nailedon New Member

Hi, Brembo. Fitted at the same time as the discs. I'm planning to replace the pads with Mintex this week to see if they work with the discs. I'm not optimistic but it's £100 for the pads fitted. The discs looked a bit grooved so may be done for.
    Any suggestions?

20. Rugslasher

Rugslasher Active Member

Yes if you put some better pads in & give them some real hard braking now & then it gets rid of the break residue buildup from normal breaking , I've got performance frictions pads I think , & really good but cost me £210 fr & rr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk