1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

EVO X SST Gearbox issues

Discussion in 'Evo Chat' started by CRushER, Sep 13, 2010.

Advert:
  1. CRushER

CRushER New Member

Hi all

I just wanted to highlight what I know is already a well known issue with some of the SST gearboxes out there.
    The reason I wanted to highlight it again was my car (2008 FQ300 SST) had started to make a rattling noise from under the bonnet. I have just returned from the dealers after being told it requires a new gearbox.
    I have since found the following video on Youtube where the sound is identical (when camera is under wheel arch) the guy mentions in a different forum post that his dealer told him it was normal.

I just wanted to say if yours makes this noise I would push to get it replaced before any warranties run out. I will update this post with what it would have cost if not under warranty if anyone is interested.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS1sIJ1VWq8]YouTube - Mitsubishi Evolution X 300 GSR SST with rattling sound[/ame]

Safe Driving

2. Dave Brennun

Dave Brennun New Member

Old news really thinking about it.
    I remember seeing a thread or a post by el on it a long time back predicting that the gearboxes on these would only last 18k or there abouts and it was going to be a nightmare trying to get them sorted via warranty and that mitsi new all about the probs but just pushed the car through to stop subaru getting all the sales as the credit crunch had kicked in.

3. MJ n Bigzy

MJ n Bigzy New Member

Hello Dave!
    I see the lectures never stop, even on here lol.