HKS SSQV Blow Off Dump Valve - Evo 4

1982ollie

1982ollie

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at the first type of one of these - Has anyone experienced any running problems with one of these? :eek:

I recently tried a Baily's and had running issues - Car was cuttings out. :(

I will be having a re map at the same time this is installed. :D

Feedback would be well appreciated. :cool:

Cheers
Ollie

Dave Brennun

Dave Brennun

the baileys are a no no because they're cheapo. The old Blitz and HKS are ok but my moneys on the uprated re-circulating valve that throw a little more back into the system. you may want to consider Forge. El has quite a few different ones for sale.

I noticed that sponners has good knowlege with valves too.

J

jamie@evotune

Trader
Trader
Have you had the base idle setup as this will help with cutting out i have done many cars with Bailey bov's on and never had any issues HKS are good and have been proven for many years

If you are going for the pops and bangs whaen its mapped a recirc bov will help with them

1982ollie

1982ollie

Guys,

I don't really want the pops and bangs - So would you say go for a HKS SSQV Blow Off - Coz i really want the tisssssssssss.

When you say that the bov re circ will help with the pops and bangs - Do you mean that it will help stop them or make them happen more.

Cheers Guys!!
Ollie

sponners

sponners

Jamie meant that the recirc valve will help to create better pops/banges.

If you like the noise then the HKS is quite a good choice for most applications.
(and can be easily converted to recirc if you change your mind at a later date)

L

Lankoss

Have you had the base idle setup as this will help with cutting out i have done many cars with Bailey bov's on and never had any issues HKS are good and have been proven for many years

If you are going for the pops and bangs whaen its mapped a recirc bov will help with them

Pops and bangs are awesome!

When you say pops and bangs, are you talking about Anti-Lag? As i thought thats generally considered detramental in its effect on the manifold and turbo's. Sounds cool though :D

If it's just the shhhhhh you want then the HKS SSQV would be my first choice. Not cheap though mind.

J

jamie@evotune

Trader
Trader
When you say pops and bangs, are you talking about Anti-Lag? As i thought thats generally considered detramental in its effect on the manifold and turbo's. Sounds cool though :D

If it's just the shhhhhh you want then the HKS SSQV would be my first choice. Not cheap though mind.

The pops and bangs are just for effect its not real anti lag and has no real side effects on the turbo

J

jamie@evotune

Trader
Trader
What causes the pops and bangs then if its not an anti lag setup? Is it similar?

It uses the secondary air system that is fitted as standard and injects air into the exhaust manifold on throttle lift off causing unburnt fuel to ignite it was fitted for homologation on the rally cars for proper anti lag it's the same principal but does not produce boost on over run

1982ollie

1982ollie

Right guys, just bought a SSQV HKS blow off valve in mint condition. But in the instructions manual, it says it’s for a subura or forester - But that’s just on the instruction manuals - Hope this will fit the system - I'm not fitted it until I'm ready to take it to Mad Developments, as he said it would it be no problem to do while he's there doing the stage 1 job - Also I need to purchase an updated fuel pump - I think it is from Jamie - I'll be running no more than 370 bhp - So Jamie if you can advise me of which one I need I will have one from you.

Cheers Guys!! Much appreciated.

Ollie K

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

That dump valve should fit your car. It may need a slight modification maybe as the inner diameter on the subaru pipes is smaller.

Your engine warranty will be affected if you up the horse power. This may be something that you have not considered I think.

El

1982ollie

1982ollie

Thanks again El - Just so you know I wont have the cash to do the upgrade for a few months anyway mate, therefore my warranty will be expired - But thanks your the advise as usual!!

Ollie

1982ollie

1982ollie

Here is the HKS BOV that I have just bought - Do you think it will go on simply with just a blanking plug?

I'm hoping Sponners will be on the way with some help.

Cheers Guys!! ;)

Attachments

• 12092010249.jpg
    12092010249.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 12092010253.jpg
    12092010253.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 12092010254.jpg
    12092010254.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 12092010255.jpg
    12092010255.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 32
  • 12092010256.jpg
    12092010256.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
sponners

sponners

did email you mate :D

as long as you get a good seal on the pipe then it will be fine :)

gooner8

gooner8

yeah mate the hks one sound well cool, mate's got one on his sliver 7, you may of seen him about? I cant fit it if u want? Take's about 5 mins! Nick.