how much feul per 100 km

A

armevo4

Hi fellow evo owners I have a evo 4 gsr stock with boost of 0.8 bar. My question is how much litre feul per 100 km stock evos burn. Because mine without heavy driving 18 litre per 100 kilometers is burning .do I have something wrong with my car .
Thank you

D

D1andonlyantman

I'm guessing the mpg is a lot worse in the older models, and it makes a big difference if they were motorway miles or general driving around, because i done 130 miles yesterday, most motorway but some town with a few WOT pulls and high speed runs thrown in there, and I still had quarter of a tank left when I got home, and that's in my 9 modded and mapped to about 400bhp

D

D1andonlyantman

Yeah come to think of it you're probably right. I've never really paid much attention to mpg before, but I live 3 miles from work and drive every day, and with not a lot of other driving around I'll do 30 quid a week. If I lived further from work I think I'd seriously have to think about getting another DD

meka

meka

Hi fellow evo owners I have a evo 4 gsr stock with boost of 0.8 bar. My question is how much litre feul per 100 km stock evos burn. Because mine without heavy driving 18 litre per 100 kilometers is burning .do I have something wrong with my car .
Thank you

That doesn't seem right to me.
I get average of 11-12L/100km mixed driving. my best has been 9.4L/100km on a long trip. In winter I get about 14L/100km.
If I step on it a lot I'll get less than 300km on 40l fill. If I get near 350km on 40l I'm satisfied.

I'm running about 1.1bar with basic intake, intercooler, catback mods.

when was the last time you did plugs, fuel filter, boost leak test?

evokaralis

evokaralis

I assume driving to 3 miles to work means urban, 30mph zones lights etc. not motorways. so 15mpg sounds right under these conditions, even driven carefully.

D

D1andonlyantman

A bit of town and a bit of A road. I don't know how much fuel these engines use on idle but I never move until the needle has reached the bottom of the actual scale, and that takes a good few minutes, also that small bit of A road does occasionally get thrashed down if I'm running late or it's completely dead. As it happens, today I had to make that same run I mentioned in my first post again, and I didn't thrash it at all this time and got home with almost half a tank rather than the quarter I had last time. Them occasional WOT sprints do make a big difference. Who woulda thought ;)

evokaralis

evokaralis

i remember £30 of vpower (5 gallons) lasting about 60 miles per week of non-thrashed, boring traffic jam driving in manchester when i had the bright idea of driving my old 7 into work instead of getting the tram :D