1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

My VIII GSR Build - Complete Tranformation

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Evo8Frankie, Oct 22, 2012.

Advert:
  1. Evo8Frankie

Evo8Frankie Well-Known Member

I'm now at the stages were i can say my car has completely transformed in terms of looks, so i thought id show all what iv been up to over the past couple of months,

As Evo's are them cars every male wants to own or drive, i decided that id like another car with a turbo and 4WD (My last 2 being Subaru's),
    So i saved up until i had enough for a Evo VIII, hunting all over the net i couldn't find a close enough one to home or work, and just so happens that one day i asked a mate could he keep an eye out for one,,,, he later then told me his mate was selling one, so i was over the moon and went and had a look,............................. Ok granted it was Candy Green and very close to work, decent mileage and a good history i snapped it up.

This is it when i got the keys :)not everyone's choice but i liked it at first and also wanted to learn about them so i knew id be replacing parts before i id even sat in it:)

Attached Files:

2. Evo8Frankie

Ok so then, as im very very nosy i wanted to start tinkering as i call it,
    so i set of with what ever i could do,

had a look underneath to and seen a wire hanging down so i followed it and came across that it had been fitted with green neons :wtf:which idiot thought of this amazing idea, its a Rally Sl*g not a boy racers car,:( so i removed them asap along with a Sh*t load of sub wiring and other useless random wires:)

Attached Files:

evo arm's m7960 likes this.
  3. Evo8Frankie

Not long after i had brought it, I was involved in a nasty accident playing football which resulting in me snapping my collarbone:sad: so i had to think of a way to get it back home as i couldn't drive, ringing everywhere i was stuck as i work 144 miles away from home and am away Mon-Fri:mad: i rang my close mate from back home, and asked if he'd come and get the car for me, he advised as he couldn't get insured on it,, we were screwed,:confused: he then decided to tow it on the back of his van using a car trailer :) Genius, so he came up after he'd finished work and got to my camp at about 23:45 on a Friday night and hooked it up, NEVER AGAIN USING THAT TRAILER OMG!!!! Tight wasn't the word, and we had to disassemble half the trailer to get it on

Attached Files:

4. Evo8Frankie

As soon as we got back to my house. we had a brew and a good old sit down,
    After we had chilled for all off 15minutes, i was thinking lets get cracking, so we decide to get the bumper off and remove the complete A/C unit, Intercooler water tank, strip down headlights and spray them black:) fitted the proper batter clamp and give the engine a bit of a clean and some more tinkering :razz:

Adding a Engine Torque Damper, Billet RalliArt oil cap, Samco hosing, oil catch can and changing the plugs

Attached Files:

5. Evo8Frankie

I put adds up on Pistonheads,Evoowners and on here to see if anyone would swap their bits for mine. was able to swap my Carbon Bonnet, Boot Lid,Spoiler for OEM parts and my Works Front Bumper for a Nose chopped 8 Bumper that needed a bit of work, nothing i could get sorted, :) which are much better in my eyes anyway. i had to buy the rear doors buy hey cant win all the time :razz:
    bought some standard rear light too

Attached Files:

6. Evo8Frankie

I was then off for 7 weeks sick leave, as id just had a operation on my ankle to replace all my ligaments that id snapped on a course in work,:mad:i had nothing better to do than do little things to the car:whistling:
    so i started off with fitting the Square reg bracket, and then getting the snapped abs sensor out of the hub pffttt what a job:mad: anyway got there in the end with the help of a drill and grinder :)

Then was onto getting those horrendous smoothed in skirts off :mad: as i was getting new OEM skirts i just simply snapped them off which in turn took half the front arches with them, :razz: after that i had to get rid of the remaining filler and silicon glue.

Attached Files:

7. Evo8Frankie

Got myself a new JMF battery clamp from the U.S and a P680 Oddesey Battery, Clear Vernier pulley cover, cam sensor heat shield, bonnet dampers, Hard intake pipe, Radiator Brackets and new manifold for the engine bay,:)
    Also took off my StrutBrace and sprayed the ends yellow because im wanting it be be black with subtle yellow touches :)

A full oil and filter change.

As i was due to swap my Works wheels for a set of TD pro race 1.2 i took them off ready, so whilst they were off i painted my calipers yellow and replace the Brembo logo's with black one's, and managed to source a standard rear bumper,skirts and front wings..:)

Finally the car was complete with OEM panels :razz:next to the spray shop

Attached Files:

8. Evo8Frankie

As its now all one full standard car minus the fact that its 4 different colors, i had to get it in to get sprayed as it looked :wtf:and people :^^: was not going to happen, so off she went.

As iv said im away a lot with work, and im like a bid kid when it come to my cars getting work to them :whistling:
    so i had to pop down and have a look and took some pics

Attached Files:

9. Evo8Frankie

I went back to the garage for a look this Friday. and BOOM the cars all been done just the panels to fit and shes all mine again, :razz:

But im back away at work again now, so ill have to wait until im next home to go and get her back home:)

Ill keep the pics coming guys don't worry

Attached Files:

10. Evo8Frankie

Iv got some new goodies to go on when iv got her back
    :)

Attached Files:

davidole likes this.
  11. Evo8Frankie

Hopefully it will be all done tomorrow as that's what iv been told,:razz:

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Very nice looks like a completely different car!!

Evo8Frankie likes this.
  13. Evo8Frankie

yeah im aiming for a complete different look, and then when the looks are done onto the engine:)

14. fq-craigus

fq-craigus Well-Known Member

Good work pal, looks a lot different to when I see it, and ill be pleased to see how that front bumper looks :)

15. B6lee

B6lee Community Leader

ah yes thats better. good thread keep it up ! :)

16. Evo8Frankie

cheers mate yeah it sure does and last time i seen the bumper it had been cut out ready to be repaired:razz:

17. Evo8Frankie

cheers mate, i sure will do :)

18. mart1983

mart1983 Well-Known Member

looks like its gonna turn out to be a nice car.. good work mate.

Evo8Frankie likes this.
  19. Evo8Frankie

cheers pal, im sure it will do:)

20. fq-craigus

fq-craigus Well-Known Member

Ate you still having the yellow accents?