1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

Need some advice from you guys/gals :)

Discussion in 'Evo Chat' started by EV01986, Jul 23, 2010.

Advert:
  1. EV01986

EV01986 New Member

ok i posted somwhere on this site before but cant for the life of me find it!! basically at the moment i own a fiesta ST which has been a great second car but now im a big boy i want somthing a bit quicker lol. i test drove an 8 GSR the other day and loved it!! :) but it wasnt in the best of conditions and the salesman drove it like a real prick so i dont want that one anymore, plus it was modified and i dont want that either. i was looking for some advice on the cost of running an evo 8 gsr 260, im aware of the insurace costs and the fuel bills which im prepared for, but was just wondering is there anything else thats expensive which might cripple me in the near future e,g how much are brake pads etc??? and just out of interest how much do you spend on fuel per week and how many miles do you do? i drive to work and back and thats about it which is about 15 miles a day. also are mitsubishi engines strong and reliable? iv never owned a mitsubishi before. any help greatly apreciated thank you.

oh also the cheapest insurance i can find is with admiral at 1995!!!! which is apparently cheap for my age, thats around 180 a month which aint that bad, well its bad but u knw wht i mean haha, what do you guys pay at 23?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. DennisEvo

DennisEvo New Member

Ok firstly id give extreme a call,they are fairly priced,and they no evos very well and will beable to help u find wot u want. Not too sure on the 260 but I've got an mr340 and its not that bad,I just got some new front pads on ebay for around 30quid delivered,there not performance ones just the standard ones, most of the parts are reasonable if u source them urself,do NOT go to the dealers,they don't have a clue and are stupidly priced(rant over lol) id say the most expensive part is the clutch,again not sure with the 260 but the clutch is the weak point of the car and they say it usualy needs replacing every 3yrs roughly(I think this also goes on the amount of miles u cover),ur lookin at around 450 for a standard clutch or around 600 for an uprated one which will last longer so that's a no brainer,the only other thing I can think of is the ayc pump,if u have probs with this u cud be lookin at anywer between 400-700 for a second hand one,I no cos I need a new sensor but no one wants to sell just a sensor at the min. N just be careful if u buy upgrades,do plenty of research first cos as soon as u say evo u can practicly hear the kerching in the guys head,n sum will try it on,so get lots of quotes n hagle ur arse off,if u don't ask u don't get.hope this helps a bit n keep us posted on how the search goes and the purchase

3. EV01986

EV01986 New Member

thanks for that thats helped a lot, having done a lot of research on the evo im now worried about this AYC system as it seems to fail on every single evo and costs thousands to replace and that is just ridiculous. now im in two minds.... why did mitsubishi put this stupid thing on the car in the first place?? i dont wona have to pay thousands to replace that so i think that has scared me off now lol.

4. stuarttyres

stuarttyres New Member

its not going to cost thousands to fix that if it does goes go mate and if the fluid has and is getting changed regulary then there wont be a problem.its usually the pumps that go and there are plent of second hand ones to be had so dont let that put you off!!!

5. EV01986

EV01986 New Member

yeah maybe ur right, how would i know from looking if the fluid has been changed and is there any other tell tale signs that its not been taken care of? i was looking at this evo for sale which is about an hour away from me what do you think Untitled Document so if the ayc was to fail what actually happens? could you drive without it?

6. frankie2531

frankie2531 New Member

hi mate i have a evo 4 and is running 300bhp i use it every day and it a 30 round trip and fuel wise i will use 50 pound which i think is good !! and is for sale to if you fancy it and cheap to lol

7. youngy_315

youngy_315 New Member

you will be able to get insurance cheaper than that. i am 22 with 5 years ncb and i pay £1200 on my evo 5 :) that was with elephant, although adrian flux are quite good too. they tend to match part for part in accidents whereas some companies dont.