1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

Randoms

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by martinthegooner, Nov 2, 2013.

Advert:
  1. martinthegooner

martinthegooner Well-Known Member

What are people's views in members joining just to sell then just going missing,is there nothing that can be done about this as I think the site is suffering due to it?

2. fq-craigus

fq-craigus Well-Known Member

I haven't got time for them tbh, they can suck my big toe. I don't think there is anything nick will do about this we have discussed minimum post counts ect in the past but it would just cause one word spamming to put count up

3. Evo8Frankie

Evo8Frankie Well-Known Member

I think if people where made to pay a small membership fee, then i think you would get the frequent members paying up, and the non frequent members obv not lol.

please dont take it that im saying we SHOULD pay, just an idea like across the road with X amount of posts ect.

4. JaimeRichardson

JaimeRichardson New Member

The nature of the internet and places where people can meet will always be like this. The problem is that most people aren't offering useful information to help grow the community. Moderators can be helpful if you really want to clean things up. The reality is that this isn't always bad. For a little bit when a forum is lacking members it can be useful to have these people come and go. They create posts and interactions with the threads already available which helps increase the size of the forum which helps bring new members. The best way for us to grow the forum and get rid of ads is to provide a place that people want to hang out in.

5. Billy MR

Billy MR Well-Known Member

Been said times before,

Half the time they can't be arsed to write the spec or location or price

supamario666 likes this.
  6. supamario666

supamario666 Trader
    Trader

Way of the World Martin mee old chum! Doesn't take long for them to get bored though does it let's be honest!!!

7. ray671984

ray671984 Active Member

A lot of forums are like this just the way it goes but my self i would not buy off a new member anyway as you dont know how trusting they are i would use someone who has stuck around for some time and built a good reputation around the members i dont think putting a fee on a forum will do anything if anything it can be off putting for some i have seen many forums hit rock bottem by adding a fee. I find i do a lot of reading on forums then posting unless i am needing advice or i reply to threads what interest me.

8. Jim12

Jim12 New Member

Totally agree with Ray here. Oops, I'm a new poster too. But I've spent enough time on plenty of forums to understand the general concept with respect to the discussion here. I believe that fees should be incurred on certain types of posts, but otherwise, to impose a general forum posting fee would scare too many people away - not only the spammers.

ray671984 and supamario666 like this.
  9. Steveyb_evo3

Steveyb_evo3 New Member

I agree (wanna buy me car)

10. liffy16

liffy16 Member

yea tough one this i am on here because its free membership like most forums,
    cars and bikes alike,rdlccrazy which is free,tzr pure2strokespirit free
    dont want to pay mlr fees running an evo is dear enough as it is so its nice to get something free! .this is a good forum and you will always get a few taking the piss, post counter does help though