really having no luck with my car at mo

S

Svengali

Well I found the problem, the solenoid is cracked, so looks like I'll have to spend out on a new one,

If you had it 'refurbished' you should be sending it back right away.

cheers

Dan

rev.chris

rev.chris

If you had it 'refurbished' you should be sending it back right away.

cheers

Dan

i know i really should, can't really be bothered to deal with them, (not that they have been bad, they haven't, just have very bad luck i guess) will be the 2nd one now, just want it fixed, still not really driven the car propperly since ive had it

Last edited:
rev.chris

rev.chris

just an update, send solenoid back, now waiting for it to come back,

rev.chris

rev.chris

yeah its a nightmare, its not to bad for me as my other car is a 4.7 v8 grand cherokee, love that old beast,

rev.chris

rev.chris

right well got solenoid back and all fitted and blead system with a bleed box, but the 3 lights just come back on right away,

is there a seperate bleed nipple for the acd? im proberly doing something wrong,

just a reminder the car is an evo 8 fq-300

Andy6

Andy6

Yes you need to bleed the centre diff too, same method poke around the transfer case you'll find the nipple

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

Yes you need to bleed the centre diff too..............

Agreed!

If the light is still on once you have done that, get back to us rigfht here and I will guide you through a forced initialisation.

andyw08

andyw08

Yeah theres a bleed nipple on the bottom of the transfer box and two on the rear diff, how many nipples have you bled? Does the pump slow down as its building pressure?

rev.chris

rev.chris

just been out and bled the front nipple (as i forgot) and all bleed ok, no air, and bled fine, still have the 3 lights on,

im wondering if i need to bleed for longer,

but part of me is now worrying that the solenoid i replaced that got broke in the post is in wrong, but im sure it went back in as it came out.

Andy6

Andy6

I'd make sure the solenoids are working and are getting a signal from the car of I were you, if you haven't already. Have you got a multimeter? If not you could lift all the wheels off the ground, run it with a friends help at about 20-40 Mph whilst steering one way, then crack the bleed nipple on the opposite side on the rear diff, if you are getting fluid out you know that the pump and solenoids are working as they should. However I'm not sure if having the 3 lights on will prevent the system from working if there is actually a fault or not.

S

Svengali

just been out and bled the front nipple (as i forgot) and all bleed ok, no air, and bled fine, still have the 3 lights on,

im wondering if i need to bleed for longer,

but part of me is now worrying that the solenoid i replaced that got broke in the post is in wrong, but im sure it went back in as it came out.

If it all bled OK.. assuming it came out with plenty of pressure... ? Are you also topping up the reservoir when bleeding?

Have you connected the pressure sensor back up to the car loom?

Have you checked the fuse to the pump in the engine bay?

Seems like the pump is working fine & the solenoids if you can bleed ok... it will be either power to the pump or the sensor I reckon.

cheers

Dan

rev.chris

rev.chris

hi yeah all where bleeding ok, all was topped up, i was using a bleed box, i'll check fuse etc etc tomorrow, but thinking about it, one of the conecter plugs is very tight, i wonder if its conecting properly, i'll check that again i think, thank you very much for the help

andyw08

andyw08

If all ports are bleeding properly with pressure, all solenoids sound like there working....try bleeding for a bit longer. Id guess at the pressure sensor aswell, did you get the bleed box off svengali? Only asking as he put instructions in make sure you have the correct wiring card ha ha decent bit of kit ;)

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

Do let us know what the situation is when you have checked the plug.

rev.chris

rev.chris

the fuse and plug all seem ok, just done a code check, using a wire in pin 1 and 4, and it came out with code 74, proportional control valve acd system,

Andy6

Andy6

In case you don't already know: this, I think, is a hydraulic pressure regulator that's controlled by the car that is used to determine how much force the clutch's in the AYC are forced together to get a variable Torque transfer under different conditions. TBH this is going beyond what I know about the system but Im sure El or someone will get back to you advising what to do. I think it's a solenoid in the main hydraulic unit seen and as you have had it reconditioned there is no reason it shouldn't be mechanically sound so it's possibly an electrical fault somewhere? Did you check the pump and solenoids are getting a 12v signal to turn on/open?