stopping newbies posting

mikey-evo7

mikey-evo7

you mean newbies can join and sell stuff right away? thats not good is it? potential for scamming!

doesnt matter how long u have been on a forum or how many posts you have made, if u want to scam someone, u will, its as simple as that.
dont agree with banning "newbies" from not selling.

i could be sitting here with the deal of the year and 100% genuine but cant advertise it cause newbies cant sell:D

R

raph

doesnt matter how long u have been on a forum or how many posts you have made, if u want to scam someone, u will, its as simple as that.
dont agree with banning "newbies" from not selling.

i could be sitting here with the deal of the year and 100% genuine but cant advertise it cause newbies cant sell:D

true too..

seen some people get scammed by long year members on the MLR,i even bought something off one of em because i took it that he was a older member..but i got lucky,he actually posted off the bits

the member was known for not refunding/shipping out bits/forgetting bits etc..i only seached his name afterwards..boy was i fretting!!

R

raph

ultimatley,there are 2 sides to each medallion..

i wanted to buy a ecu yesterday..the seller refused to give me his paypal or to send me a request because im in germany? but instead i should trust him and wire the money to his account..but he only gave me his account+bank number..instead of giving me his IBAN??

and he isnt half as long on the MLR as i am?? can you all believe it?

i told him i cant gift paypal money from a german paypal account anymore(since 2009) since it offers no protection and can be misused for sceming.

so instead wire the money?? LOL

told him to go sell it to someone else..hope he fing chokes n it!

evogeof

evogeof

Super Moderator
you mean newbies can join and sell stuff right away? thats not good is it? potential for scamming!

dont worry i keep an eye out for newbies coming here just so sell there stuff as mlr has banned non paid members for selling items.
here we have a few simple rules out of respect...... rules below...

Hello,
Unlike some sites we are very happy for new members and members without any posts to advertise their cars and parts, provided some basic rules are followed.
Your advert must include a contact number and/or email address
And start a newbie thread telling us a little about your self.

Thats all there is to it, though we do recommend you get involved as results have shown that if you have more posts and reputation sales happen a lot easier!

Failure to update the thread will result in the thread being removed by the mods

Thanks
EvoOwners Staff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

there were not that bad are we really ;)

E

evo5gsr

true too..

seen some people get scammed by long year members on the MLR,i even bought something off one of em because i took it that he was a older member..but i got lucky,he actually posted off the bits

the member was known for not refunding/shipping out bits/forgetting bits etc..i only seached his name afterwards..boy was i fretting!!

i understand theres always a long term member which will rip people off but that will be be very rare but as its set up on here its like a invite to come on and rip off the members

mikey-evo7

mikey-evo7

its not rocket science lads, if you don't trust the seller..... don't buy from them. banning "newbies" from selling is silly in my eyes. there is ways and means to make sure you do not get ripped off. follow them those means and you are covered.:D

E

evo5gsr

its not rocket science lads, if you don't trust the seller..... don't buy from them. banning "newbies" from selling is silly in my eyes. there is ways and means to make sure you do not get ripped off. follow them those means and you are covered.:D

newbies are more prone to rip people off as there not known by anyone were a regular older member wont be fact ! ive modded a very big forum for long enough to see this !

but im not buying from any user off here as its far to easy to come along and rip good people of there hard earned ! i must of purchased 20 items off mlr and never had a issue try to buy one thing off here and im light £170 lol

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
newbies are more prone to rip people off as there not known by anyone were a regular older member wont be fact ! ive modded a very big forum for long enough to see this !

but im not buying from any user off here as its far to easy to come along and rip good people of there hard earned ! i must of purchased 20 items off mlr and never had a issue try to buy one thing off here and im light £170 lol
hey come on not fair !! :disgusted::disgusted:

dont tarnish us all with the same brush just because of one bad egg. in the 3 1/2 years i been around evos and i been on here 18 months of that and not once has this happened on here before. however i seen loads of people get ripped of and rubbish sellers on the mlr totaling to thousands of pounds so please retract your statement :)

E

evo5gsr

sorry lee i wont as on this thread you have long term members saying its fine for new unknown idividuals to sell so it must be fine to get ripped off so in agreeing with that then they must be as bad imo ! at what point do you trust someone straight away or after a few meets or months years or never ? Like ive stated im not new to this , moderated a huge forum for years seen and heard it all and making people use the forum correctly is a win win we have proved it

dont get me wrong i like this forum but the attitude on this thread point me in the direction of not to buy from any users

Nick

Nick

Superstar Admin

What an incredibly ludicrous and short sighted statement.

GG205rob

GG205rob

Your obviously just pissed because youve been ripped off. Thats understandable and i do feel for you, i have been in the same position before so know what its like.
I wouldnt buy from anyone thats just signed up because of it, but i've met a few people on here and would feel happy buying from them. Equally i would feel happy buying from people they have met. I think this forum is small enough for most members to know at least a couple of others which i believe makes it a safer place to get bits from.

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
sorry lee i wont as on this thread you have long term members saying its fine for new unknown idividuals to sell so it must be fine to get ripped off so in agreeing with that then they must be as bad imo ! at what point do you trust someone straight away or after a few meets or months years or never ? Like ive stated im not new to this , moderated a huge forum for years seen and heard it all and making people use the forum correctly is a win win we have proved it

dont get me wrong i like this forum but the attitude on this thread point me in the direction of not to buy from any users

hey there is only one way to earn respect from buyers and thats to make a sell. so when exactly is a member allowed to sell something ?

the member which appears to have taken advantage was far from new with 70+ posts so hardly a new member.

im a beliver that respect needs to be earned and how can they do that if not allowed to sell.

check out our rouge or rose thread and youll see many a happy transaction :)

fq-craigus

fq-craigus

Evo5gsr if it makes you happy don't buy anything on here anymore take ya chances on the mlr with thousands of people you don't know.

This is the first issue I'm aware of on here and I'm a regular user. I have bought a few items on here and have put my feedback in the rogue or rose section and it's all positive.

Like lee also says when is someone considered to be ok to sell 1 post 50 posts or 100 posts? Our issue is with people signing up just for a quick sale and you don't see em again, this isn't eBay or auto trader.

Sorry to hear your affected by a dodgy sale but in all fairness such is life and you make your own luck, your now older and wiser, but don't put down all sales on evoowners.

Being a smaller forum a lot of us have crossed paths and there is an element of trust we all seem to share.

By the way my slave cylinder is still for sale in the for sale section :)

foxy lady x

foxy lady x

Chief Model
The guy didn't even post a picture up of what he was selling, but yet you paid for it, so who's more Foolish here ?!?!

That in itself is ludicrous, I have brought and sold many items on here and have never had a problem, reason being I've seen what I'm buying first, I take the time to go and collect it, and I personally deliver what I've sold and posted up pics, so no not all buyers or sellers are bad, I feel for you and the other guys that have been made out of pocket by this guy, cos it's not a nice thing to have happen, but you can not put us all in the same category as that member, that's not fair.

E

evo5gsr

Evo5gsr if it makes you happy don't buy anything on here anymore take ya chances on the mlr with thousands of people you don't know.

This is the first issue I'm aware of on here and I'm a regular user. I have bought a few items on here and have put my feedback in the rogue or rose section and it's all positive.

Like lee also says when is someone considered to be ok to sell 1 post 50 posts or 100 posts? Our issue is with people signing up just for a quick sale and you don't see em again, this isn't eBay or auto trader.

Sorry to hear your affected by a dodgy sale but in all fairness such is life and you make your own luck, your now older and wiser, but don't put down all sales on evoowners.

Being a smaller forum a lot of us have crossed paths and there is an element of trust we all seem to share.

By the way my slave cylinder is still for sale in the for sale section :)

Mate im more pissed of the lies this unique person has come up with tbh !As for putting sales down on here well well can isay about that ! maybe ill buy something in the future if i can get to trust the forum .I wil speak very highly of drue and trackday as im a relativly newbie here they have gone out of there way to help me and for that i owe them a very large beer as they are proper good lads :)

The guy didn't even post a picture up of what he was selling, but yet you paid for it, so who's more Foolish here ?!?!

That in itself is ludicrous, I have brought and sold many items on here and have never had a problem, reason being I've seen what I'm buying first, I take the time to go and collect it, and I personally deliver what I've sold and posted up pics, so no not all buyers or sellers are bad, I feel for you and the other guys that have been made out of pocket by this guy, cos it's not a nice thing to have happen, but you can not put us all in the same category as that member, that's not fair.

you feel for me but insult me lol love you :D:D a picture can be got from many places doesnt make it real but i admit it does help

evoaps

evoaps

Mate im more pissed of the lies this unique person has come up with tbh !As for putting sales down on here well well can isay about that ! maybe ill buy something in the future if i can get to trust the forum .I wil speak very highly of drue and trackday as im a relativly newbie here they have gone out of there way to help me and for that i owe them a very large beer as they are proper good lads :)

you feel for me but insult me lol love you :D:D a picture can be got from many places doesnt make it real but i admit it does help

I think all for sales threads should have pictures with the users name beside the item for sale on a piece of paper oh and the date :)

Listen mate everyone gets screwed sometime or other you can't blame the forum for one bad apple

foxy lady x

foxy lady x

Chief Model

you feel for me but insult me lol love you :D:D a picture can be got from many places doesnt make it real but i admit it does help[/]

I don't see how I insulted you ?!? But if I did I apologise, all I'm trying to get across here is the same as the others, don't let one individual put you off, be wary by all means but we ain't all the same. :)

E

evo5gsr

well funny enough he has just realised i know exactly where he lives works eats and hangs out ect thanks to a very good friend off passionford and a mlr member who has been ripped of by him and ive had a text saying we are all getting our money back and judging by how quickly he replied and how he answered , so ill let you all know how it goes