1. Welcome. We have only just upgraded so there may be a few little niggles and issues! Please let us know when you find them! And enjoy the super shiny new forums

Temp gauge stuck on hot

Discussion in 'Tech Questions & How To Guides' started by Joe Pavey, Oct 10, 2016.

Advert:
  1. Joe Pavey

Joe Pavey New Member

I was out on a little test drive earlier on after fitting new top mounts, ball joints and drop links to the front of my evo 6 and on my return home i noticed the temp gauge had rocketed to max. There was no running issues with the car what so ever and no lights on the dash to indicate any further issues. Being only a mile away i took it steady and made my way home to investigate.
    I turned off the car, no leaks no coolant spray or anything visible to show a lack of coolant. Left it over a hour whilst i had lunch and when i returned, i flicked the ignition on and the gauge shot right up again... I started the car and let it run with no issues at all. Still no leaks , fan kicks in and out as it should. Now what could be the cause of this? Temp gauge? Temp sensor? A thermostat issue?
    Im not very mechanically minded although i do know the basics any help would be much appreciated.
    Joe.