White Evo IV

AdamIV

AdamIV

After saying hello in the welcome thread, I thought I'd post a quick pic and vid in here of my recently purchased Evo IV. Somethings I'm not sure if I like about it, aftermarket parts wise but after thinking about how much I paid for it and after wanting one for quite a while, I wouldn't mind spending some money fixing its flaws.
Don't really have much details on spec to be honest, as it's my first turbo let alone Evo, so I hope the spec boffins on here could be so kind and give me some help if I get some pictures of the devices and gauges etc..:eek:

A quick video of the diff whine of death. :cry:
SAM_1386.mp4 video by adamvtr - Photobucket

GG205rob

GG205rob

Looks tidy mate. The e5 spoiler makes such a difference to these. Personally i would put a standard front bumper back on and change wheel colour but thats personsl taste. Get some pics of the bits up mate and someone will be able to tell you whats on there.

AdamIV

AdamIV

Is it a 5 or 6 spoiler? I thought it was a 6.

I agree with the front bumper needing changed but cosmetics are last on my list at the minute because of the diff whine and I believe it needs a water pump. :arms:

Here are some of the devices;
No idea what this does.

I know what this is but it doesn't appear to be working.

Not quite sure how to work this but the car boosts to 0.9 then dropping to 0.6 on [LO] but boosting fine to 0.95 when changed to [HI].

These need a good grease I would say to free them up.

Some other bits and pieces;

Car could be doing with a tidy up and a good clean but I'd rather get the bits a pieces fixed before.
Thanks for looking and for any advice.:eek:

Last edited:
fq-craigus

fq-craigus

It will all keep you nice and busy on the weekends for sure but yh like said mechanics take the lead role

drue1

drue1

looks nice and a great little motor for a base start and once all your bits are done it will look well nice

evo arm's m7960

evo arm's m7960

hi mate
its a bit chalk and cheese this car some bits i like and some bits ??

but all in all for your first evo you aint done to bad buddy :O)

the 6 rear spoiler is a very nice touch as is the front bumper imo :O)

its what you like the counts ;O)

AdamIV

AdamIV

hi mate
its a bit chalk and cheese this car some bits i like and some bits ??

but all in all for your first evo you aint done to bad buddy :O)

the 6 rear spoiler is a very nice touch as is the front bumper imo :O)

its what you like the counts ;O)

I'm not so sure on the front bumper or the headlights myself. Thanks a lot for the info on the EIDS and controller!

Also forgot about this;

evo arm's m7960

evo arm's m7960

thats ok ,

this looks like a cheap air fuel ratio gauge " narrow band " , that takes a signal from your 02 sensor , not that accurate to be honest ,wide band gauges are better :O)

you have a atomspheric blow off valve " blue " sitting next to the standard recirculating one , dont know why the old one is still fitted ???

rear window mounted tv antenna "" i believe " think my mate has them on his evo ...:O)

the small clear filter is ment for fuel but some are used on the pipe work for boost gauges or boost controllers as a air filters:O) follow the pipe work and see where it leads .

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/adamvtr/?action=view&current=SAM_1386.mp4

as for the whine of death :O( think you need to get the car checked out at a garage " one that knows evo's :O)

Last edited:
GG205rob

GG205rob

My mistake. Looked like a 5 spoiler in the first pic. Some nice toys fitted aswell by the look of it.