wot to do

Nickygixer-k5

Nickygixer-k5

I haven't got time for going down the gym besides I'm knackered when I come home from work:whistling:

Nickygixer-k5

Nickygixer-k5

It's tough, I was on 30 a day and stareted whenI was fourteen. I could still murder a fag now though so it's a fair old slog:(

leo

leo

hi people so i started some people off and wow lee you are in trouble she is small but they are the worst he he:hm::hm: any way how much am i looking at if i want eviii mr engine block and head and will iv turbo do or not thanks for all your in put thanks:)

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

I believe that John has an VIII engine that he is clearing at the moment.

You will be better off getting rid of the IV turbo as it is the smallest in the category.

El

leo

leo

how much does he wont for it as i do not know who you mean and yes i did think that about the turbo but trying to keep cost down thanks el did the camera test no marks on pistons or cracks but put the new folowers in and it still ticks it sounds like a valve sticking but it has still got all its power just makes a racket on tick over you can not here it at 2000 revs it starts and goes lowder and lowder but never goes werse it is very strange:(:(:hm::hm::confused::confused:

leo

leo

yes i have checked for that but will check again tomorrow but it does not sound like a groul as crank related knocks are but i will check again just to make sure to other mecanics have listend to it and they can not make there minds up:confused::sad::hm:

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
sounds like lash adjusters to me :)

ye ditch the IV turbo for any other turbo from any other evo except the 7 turbo cos for some reason they fitted a smaller hotside to it.

ElDopesta

ElDopesta

sounds like lash adjusters to me :)

ye ditch the IV turbo for any other turbo from any other evo except the 7 turbo cos for some reason they fitted a smaller hotside to it.

He has replaced the Lash Adjusters with brand new ones.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR USER PROFILE TO INCLUDE YOUR LOCATION! :razz:

El

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
He has replaced the Lash Adjusters with brand new ones.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR USER PROFILE TO INCLUDE YOUR LOCATION! :razz:

El

oops next time ill read the thread lol

i know they do struggle to get oil in them when they are new or at least empty but i understood it that they will sort themselves out :confused:

B6lee

B6lee

Community Leader
were they primed/filled with oil before hand ? if not then this could be the problem.

apparently a few people have put them in without doing this and they tapped for a while but apparently once the oil has warmed and thined the noise should stop :)

W

wickla-evo

in the same pickle mate, bought an 8 engine the other day for my 4, but ive changed it before this with a replacement 4 engine(big mistake)choclate engine!!! but u'll have to change the brakes and all aswell!!

leo

leo

:confused:yes they were primed and sunk in new oil and i have been on 15 mile run but still the noise is there on tick over you can not here it just at 2ooo rpm it starts to come in does not affect ther power at the moment and the noise does not get deaper as would crank noise:confused: