crank walk ?????

M

matt0785

as per my other post i have had my 4 to the local tuner and its the conrod bearings that are buggered crank is ok and very minimal shards of metal in oil crank and rods are ok to take new bearings BUT i have just under half a mm .43mm of crank walk is there anyway to repair???? is this amount of movement acceptable to fit new shells etc ?????

trackday

trackday

im in the same boat as you mate but i have just secured a new engine out of a 5 cause from what i have read its the best way as all internals are stronger etc so i would advise you go the same root cheers dave

M

matt0785

i cant justify spending that amount on the car it cost me less than a new engine would cost. my crank is ok so just looking to replace all bottom end bearings iv been told it wont last past 10k without walking again but i only do around 5k per year so gives me plenty of time to save for an evo 5 or a better evo 4 as i like the 4

as above i only have .43 mm of movement so surely my bottom end is worth few hundred quid of bearings from what i have read there are ways of modifying the bearings to allow better oil flow and avoid crank walk

im just looking for solid advice on fixing my engine

where to get good thrust bearings,conrod bearings
can this be done with engine fitted and without removing crank access via sump

trackday

trackday

just to let you no i have picked up a 5 engine with 70 on the clock for 850 quid cheers dave